This Statement is intended to provide you with information about what personal data BluAngel |Criú Blu collects about you and how it is used and sets forth your privacy rights, in accordance with the Irish laws in data protection and the UE General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
BluAngel |Criú Blu was founded by Peter Cassidy and Sabrina O’Carroll in the spring of 2018 in Galway, Ireland, as a pro bono organisation. BluAngel |Criú Blu founders, members and allies are all volunteers who provide their expertise in designing and undertaking projects to promote inclusion for individuals.
We collect and process your personal data for a specific purpose; to facilitate inclusion in a sporting or recreational activity with your co-operation and consent & the co-operation and consent of a sporting/recreational club.
- For the performance of our role as volunteers with sporting/recreational club(s) with whom you have a membership and an agreement to to participate in a sporting/recreational activity.
- For the purpose of ensuring your health and safety while undertaking activities within one of our initiatives.
- For compliance with our legal obligations, like providing information to enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- For our legitimate interests (managing our projects and everyday activities) except where such interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
Your personal data that BluAngel |Criú Blu processes is collected by BluAngel |Criú Blu and shared with allied organisations and their members (wherein the information and data shared is now subject to that organisations data protection policy).
We may collect the following data for the purpose of undertaking BluAngel |Criú Blu’s Initiatives to promote inclusion for individuals.
- Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, names of the Athletics Ireland affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold (all referred to as Athletics Data). We may also collect the full name and telephone number of the emergency contact(s) nominated by you, as well as details of injuries or medical conditions as provided by you. You may also choose to provide us with other information. We may take photographs and video for the purposes of training, education and promotion.
- We will collect and process your data for the purposes of facilitating your Club membership through a Blu Angel initiative and administering your involvement, coaching and inclusion in the sport. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member, administration, providing coaching and inclusion within the Club through a BluAngel |Criú Blu initiative. You can opt out at any time either by notifying us.
Your personal information is only shared, as necessary, with our allied organisation in the BluAngel |Criú Blu initiative you are involved in, for the purpose of ensuring your health and safety while undertaking activities within one of our initiatives.
We strive to ensure that your data is processed and stored safely and we will keep it for the minimum amount of time necessary in compliance with data protection regulations.
We will retain your data for such time as you are participating on a BluAngel |Criú Blu initiative and will then delete your information.
You have the following rights over your personal data:
To be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Of access, to obtain a copy of your personal data
- To rectification of inaccurate personal data and also to have incomplete personal data completed
- To erasure of your personal data
- To restrict processing of your personal data
- To object the processing of your personal data
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation.
If you wish to have access to the personal data BluAngel |Criú Blu may have about you, please contact us at email@example.com. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, BluAngel |Criú Blul will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access cannot be granted at the time of the request, BluAngel |Criú Blu will provide an explanation as to why. You can also get more information about your rights as a data subject in the dedicated GDPR website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
BluAngel |Criú Blu are headquartered in Ireland. If you have any questions about our personal data policy, BluAngel |Criú Blu’s Data Protection contact information is as follows: